Not Just Horsing Around:
Five Things to Know about the Arizona Fall Championship Horse Show
The Arizona Fall Championship Horse Show is quickly becoming one of the most exciting equestrian competitions in the Southwest. For those who have never attended this event, here are five things that make the Arizona Fall Championship Horse Show so special.
1. The location. Scottsdale, Arizona, is known for its western ties. The city has a wide range of western attractions, and it is frequently cited as one of the best destinations for a western-themed vacation. More than that, Scottsdale is quickly becoming a luxury destination. There are a striking number of tourist attractions throughout the city, including historical sites, family friendly museums and a range of retail opportunities. With all this, tourism in Scottsdale is on the rise, and the local population is booming as well. This vibrancy makes Scottsdale ideal for a competitive horse event. Both competitors and spectators are sure to find their experience in Scottsdale enjoyable.
2. The venue. A horse show requires a great deal of space. Fortunately, the Arizona Fall Championship Horse Show is held at WestWorld. WestWorld is a spectacular facility, which is designed to seat more than 3,300. Operated by the city of Scottsdale, the facility has undergone numerous renovations in recent years. Therefore, both guests and competitors can expect top tier perks for themselves and the animals. The events will mostly take place in the Equidome and Warm Up Paddock, both of which are enclosed and comfortably air conditioned.
3. The events. While the destination is worth noting, most people attend for the events. In this case, there are a range of events scheduled, each designed to showcase a variety of horse classes. Competitors can enter at different levels, and all exhibitors will show to two panels of judges. There will be a total of six shows overall with cash awards provided to competitors who excel in the final Championship Round. From this range of events, there will be an overall champion named with additional prizes available for those competitors who achieve the highest marks. Competitors have to pay an upfront fee, which covers a stall, drug testing and entrance into all eligible classes and shows.
4. The vendors. With so many people on hand, it should not be surprising that vendors are also welcome at the Arizona Fall Championship Horse Show. Since WestWorld is so large, it easily accommodates numerous vendors. Vendors can rent space inside or outside with affordable pricing options available. For vendors, this is an excellent opportunity to reach new customers and earn some extra cash. For guests, the variety of vendors means there are plenty of options for food, drink, recreation and more, making this horse show an exciting event even when the horses are not showing.
5. The accommodations. This event starts on September 25 but lasts for several days. Therefore, those who attend will need to find accommodations in the area. Fortunately, because Scottsdale is a growing tourist attraction, there is no shortage of options for hotels. While there are a number of choices around WestWorld and beyond, one of the best facilities is the Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites. This inviting hotel is great for business or leisure, and it is even pet friendly. The hotel is close to upscale shopping at Kierland Commons, and it is right around the corner from Scottsdale Quarter, which features dining and business. With other comfortable amenities, the Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites is a great place to stay for the duration of the events.
It is never too early to start making plans. Sign up for the events, and book your room today.
Click here for more Attractions around Scottsdale